Thursday, February 2, 2012

A$AP Rocky Meets Rakim

A$AP Rocky got to meet legendary rapper Rakim, the icon whom his mother named him after. "The R" surprised Rocky during a recent interview on "The Angie Martinez" radio show. While talking with Angie, Rakim suddenly appeared and Rocky got a face-to-face with his legendary namesake.
"I'm overwhelmed right now," said a stunned Rocky, who was born Rakim Mayers. Martinez shared with the audience that Rocky's mother met Rakim when her son was an infant and she asked the rapper to sign her little one's diaper.
"You don't remember a crazy lady running into you at the [stop]light?" asked Rocky with a laugh. He then called his mother. "Don't tell me...don't tell me you are here with the God!" screamed his mother. "Rakim is the God. I am a goddess. I gave birth to a god!"

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am