Friday, February 17, 2012

DJ Khaled Discusses RZA & Rev. Run

DJ Khaled took part in BMI's "How I Wrote the Song" panel last weekend. Sitting alongside other musical heavyweights, Khaled's resume is as impressive as anyone's--but there were two hip hop icons that the Miami star felt the need to pay homage to. Khaled told HiphopDX that sharing time with RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan and Rev. Run of Run-D.M.C. made the experience uniquely special.
"That’s RZA from Wu Tang!" Khaled said enthusiastically. "For him to say that he wants to do some stuff with me is a blessing. He was a major influence on me as a producer and as an artist. He was a visionary. He was ahead of his time. He was so left field with his beats but they were so amazing. They’re timeless! You could listen to them now, from “Triumph” to “C.R.E.A.M.” and it’s just classic. It’s a blessing, man."
"On Rev Run’s situation, I would say “Peter Piper” is my favorite record of all time, actually," Khaled continued. "As a deejay, I used to love to cut it up and I still love to cut it up. The production, the breaks, from the intro, to [rhyming as Run], “Not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good!” You know, that’s not a regular song. That’s a real special song. I’m excited. I might even ask him a few questions!

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am