Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bubba Sparxxx On SXSW

Just after indie rap superstar Tech N9ne blasted the SXSW Festival, fellow hip hop star Bubba Sparxxx offered his perspective on the popular festival that kicked off in Austin, TX this week. Bubba admitted he had little firsthand knowledge of SXSW, but has noticed a different vibe when the festival comes around as compared to several years ago.
"I never actually did a South By Southwest [show]," Bubba revealed to SOHH. "But seems to be a very expected event, particulary for people that are just breaking into the game and are on the cusp. I think it was a very beneficial tool to get those people exposure. I'm not really sure what it's morphed into. At this point, I've seen a lot of the same people doing it for the past few years and I'm not sure how effective it is. I don't think it can hurt somebody at this point but I definitely don't think South By Southwest is the same tool for getting recognized that it was three, four and five years ago."
"I heard 50 Cent is going to perform the entire Get Rich or Die Tryin' which is awesome and I would love to be there, but that's what I'm saying; I remember what it originally started as, for independent bands to get exposure and then independent hip-hop acts and now it's established people performing there," he added. "Like I said, I don't have the knowledge of understanding exactly what the event is. I don't know if it's going to turn into some type of festival, but I think for the most part it's an excuse for people to go out, get f*cked up and listen to music."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am