Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pharrell Discusses the State of Music

Pharrell Williams explained in a recent interview with Miss Info exactly why he's slowed down from his earlier days with the Neptunes. The hitmaking producer hasn't been quite as high-profile lately, and he says its because he felt music had become stagnant.
"Things just click and you just know what you’re supposed to do. And for me, I was honestly bored by music," he said. "If you turn on the pop station and everything, it was like one long ass dance song. And when you turned to the urban stations, everything felt like one long ass emo Hip Hop, quasi R&B record. It just kind of felt that way. I wasn’t mad at it, but there were also incredible things like Little Dragon and Yuna."
"I’m not knocking the music of the last four or five years. I’m just saying things needed to progress a little bit before I felt like I missed myself. There was a time where I was like, okay, can’t get away. But I’m very thankful that music is where it is right now, because it’s inspiring. There is a battery."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am