Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Rick Ross On MMG

Rapper Rick Ross cleared the air about Pill, Def Jam and Maybach Music Group in a recent radio interview with Funkmaster Flex. The Miami rap star made sure to explain exactly what happened with Atlanta star Pill and how he and Def Jam came to an understanding.
"When I did my label deal over at Warner, Meek Mill and Wale was who I was bringing to the table," he explained. "When I sat down to do my deal, they had Pill as an artist already there. They just thought he may have needed a little work or whatever and we could've got that in with the team. So, we worked out a one year situation."
"I'm not even sure if it's still going to come out through Warner," he said of Pill's album. "I'm not really sure what final decision they made with him but the year ran its course with MMG."
"Me and Def Jam [are] one hundred...Over the last year, I quadrupled my net worth," he shared, before adding that he thought they needed to take another look at his deal. Apparently, it all worked out in the end.
"It's all love," he added. "We made history together but at the same time, respect the momentum. Respect what we're doing and we're going to keep getting this paper."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am