Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Diggy Simmons Explains J. Cole Diss

Diggy Simmons shared his reasoning for recording "What You Say to Me," a J. Cole diss track. The young rapper says that he was sticking up for his family and his sister, Vanessa--which is what his famous father, Rev. Run of Run-D.M.C., had previously stated regarding the song.
"[There's] no big story behind it, it was really just that my sister [Vanessa] over a year ago told me that [J. Cole] was saying that he did this, that and third with her, 'cus the went to the same college [St. John's], but they didn't really know each other like that, so it wasn't like that," Diggy said. "She also told me that he subliminally talked about her in a song called 'Purple Rain,' which was also false. So it was just me sticking up for my family, that's all that it really was. I didn't even leak it, it got leaked last night while I was at the movies…I did that record last year…I was gonna put it out, but I didn't feel like it was appropriate, but of course, that's my sister…family over everything."
"[My dad Reverend Run] had already heard the track and he was like the same thing: 'Family over everything, that's your sister,' so he wasn't mad at all," he added

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am