Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jay-Z Column Writer Is Unapologetic

Phil Mushnick, the New York Post writer that caused a stir with his column blasting rapper Jay-Z and the Brooklyn Nets, remains unapologetic over the inflammatory piece and his liberal use of the N-word in the article. Mushnick alleged that the Nets should be called the "New York N***ers" to better reflect Jay-Z's song lyrics.
The Village Voice blasted Mushnick, but he staunchly defended himself.
"I'm never comfortable using that word [n*gger]. That's the way I was raised. Shame on my parents," a sarcastic Mushnick wrote in response to the criticism. "The ONE time I spelled it out - for accuracy - I was widely condemned as a racist. So either way, I'm a bigot. I know what's in my heart and my head, the way I was raised, and the way I raised my kids. But you've painted me a racist. Good work, James. And good work, if you can get it."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am