Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pete Rock Blasts Lupe Fiasco

Lupe Fiasco debuted his new single "Around My Way (Freedom Ain't Free)" today (May 21st), but the song drew the outrage of hip hop producer Pete Rock. The song samples the classic Pete Rock & CL Smooth tune "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)" and Rock blasted Lupe via Twitter for using the sample.
"No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made... Outta anguish and pain. When it's like that it should not be touched by no one!" he wrote. "It's so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP?"
"Man I'm a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every fucking day!!!! Smh," he continued. "Who ever Re-created that didn't do a good job @ all. #nohate."
"This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats can't be original to," he wrote. "So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like I'm truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da shit outta y'all."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am