Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waka Flocka Feels Disrespected

Waka Flocka Flame is demanding respect. The Atlanta rapper says that he invented the word "H.A.M." and his friend and collaborator Lex Lugar has breathed new life into hip hop production. But the world refuses to give him credit for introducing the slang and the sound.
"What are y'all gonna say now?" he says. "Jay-Z stupid as hell? My sound is wack? You gonna say that? They love the sound. They can't run away from it. That sh*t re-sparked n***as' careers. My sound put life into a lot of people's careers. I feel like my sound changed hip-hop. Period. It's crazy when I came out with it everybody laughed at it, but the next year everybody's doing it. They getting credit for the sh*t you started. You be like, 'D*mn, how is this n***a a genius for doing something I started?'"
"That's crazy," says Waka. "But what you gonna say? This n***a [Rick Ross] out here making 30 f*cking sounds with your sound. He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. Sh*t would be harder if it was the truth."
"That sh*t made me tight," he says. "N***as built labels off our sound--like, literally. You know how many n***as sound like Lex Luger and Southside? I go in n***as' studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, 'What the f*ck?'You can't be mad at something you can't control."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am