Friday, November 18, 2011

50 Cent On Current Hip Hop

50 Cent says that he's looking to return to form with his upcoming album. Of course, he's been saying that for the better part of a year and a half while the album has been delayed time and time again. But the Queens-born superstar syas that he's looking to tap back into the essence of classic hip hop.
"I don't see what I fell in love with," he says. "So now I gotta make music that reflects what N.W.A made. I have to make music that has the moments that Nas had. I have to make music that has what Biggie offered."
"For me, I'm still up against what I've done," he says. "So in order to top it, I know it's a difficult task. You know, I see the bloggers. My audience hasn't grown with me. They keep saying, "Aw, man, I want the old 50!" 'Cause those people, it would take them on a safari. I was bringing them close enough to the animals, without being able to get hurt. I was taking them into my neighborhood, where you can very well get your a** killed."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am