Monday, January 9, 2012

Teairra Mari On Label Struggles:

Teairra Mari has had a bumpy recording career. Her early days as a burgeoning R&B star on Roc-A-Fella Records didn't yield much and she was unceremoniously dropped from the label. But Mari says that the experienced taught her resiliency at a young age and now she understands what it takes to be successful in a cutthroat business.
But she held nothing back when discussing what's hardest about being an artist.
I would say the bullsh*t you have to deal with. The politics, what you have to go through because talent is only a small part of it," she said. "Having talent doesn’t solidify that you’ll be successful in this business. I don’t want to throw anyone under the bus but like with Warner Bros, they hyped me up to sign and then not getting it. To me that’s BS. Why even sign me if you don’t believe in it? They just didn’t get me. And that’s fine. I don’t hold any bad blood with any of those people."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am