Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DJ Khaled Thankful For Jail?

DJ Khaled spoke about his beginnings and struggles prior to becoming one of the most recognized DJs in hip hop. In a recent interview, the Miami-based star revisited his homeless days, working multiple jobs and how one event in his young adulthood helped him to refocus his energy:
Going to jail.
"I used to go to jail every weekend in Orlando," he recalls. "I had a court date in Orlando--flew [in] from New Orleans. I didn't know I was gonna go to jail when I went to court. You don't expect that. You go to court thinking it's going to be another fine, go to school. But the judge was like, 'You not learning your lesson. You keep driving.' It woke me up. I'm glad it happened. The day I got out is the day I moved to Miami."

No comments:

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am

Quincy Harris Live Fox 29 7:00am - 10:am